Saturday, May 30, 2009

Success is a Habit

Success is not a destination; it's a journey.  

One success leads to another.  The methods used to achieve one success builds your confidence for trying new things and building even greater success later.  Success is a process that is consistently and continually reproduced based upon the daily thought and action habits you develop.  

I wake up everyday and here's what I do:
* Gratitude
* Prayer
* Meditation
* I ask myself "How am I going to live today to create the tomorrow I'm committed to?"
* I take action
* Pray more if I need it; meditate more when feeling stressed
* Rest and sleep as I need it
* Workout
* End the day in gratitude, prayer and meditation 

This is my routine, my daily habit.  Some days it's easier to do than others.  No matter what, I get up and I do it.  Why? 

Because success is a habit formed long before you experience the tangible "big" dreams you're desiring to achieve through it.  

Take heed to the words of Aristotle:
"Excellence is an art won by training and habituation.  We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly.  We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."




No comments:

Post a Comment