You're having an affair.
Maybe you call it something different because it feels, looks and seems different. Perhaps you rationalize your indulgence in it because, to you, "It is what it is" but make no mistake. You are involveed in a full blow, 24/7, 365 day a year love affair and the object of your affection is in your arms even now: your dream.
The journey of extraordinary success is a full time love affair with the vision of the life you are now creating. All the hours of work, months of planning, years of executing, all of it has been dedicated to the fulfillment of your dreams.
At times, it has asked for all of you and you've willingly said yes. At every turn of the road, when you had the option to let go, you hung on for dear life. You've done all you can, been all you can be and you're still doing it now. You are filled with the ecstasy of pursuing your heart's desire and here are three things, in the midst of passionate pursuit, you must remember:
1) Put in the effort necessary to secure the results you seek without complaining about it.
2) Rome wasn't built in a day; your secret weapon is patience.
3) No dream will require you to jeopardize the life you have to get the life you want. If this dream is costing you that, find a new one.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
- Other People's Opinions (Read Time: 3 min.)
- Stop, Retreat, Ask, & Say... (Read Time: 2 min.)
- Two Halves Do Not Make a Whole (Read Time: 3 min.)...
- You are Not Your Parents (Read Time: 2 min.)
- It Is Your Movie! (Read Time: 2 min.)
- Do First, Speak Last (Read Time: 3 min.)
- What Does Transformation Really Require? (Read Tim...
- A Full Time Love Affair (Read Time: 3 min.)
- ▼ August (8)